Solis MMC has launched a new nationwide graduate recruitment drive for residential support workers to care for young people aged thirteen to seventeen years.
The new ‘Graduate Residential Support Worker’ (GRSW) posts are designed for graduates who have achieved relevant childcare qualifications but have little to no experience of working with young people with challenging behaviours.
Solis MMC currently operates services in counties Meath, West Meath, Tipperary, Louth and Cork.
Gary McCaul from Solis MMC says the new programme is the perfect opportunity for graduates to achieve the highest levels of “comprehensive and ongoing support” from experienced Residential Support Workers (RSW), Shift Coordinators (SCO) and Centre Managers in the sector.
Gary explains: “Solis MMC is giving graduates a great opportunity to develop their careers under the expert supervision of our highly trained team. Graduate Residential Support Workers will be guided in their daily practice by the SCO and will receive ongoing performance feedback from both the SCO and Centre Manager in order to aid their development.”
“Existing qualifications, background experience and overall competency of the graduate recruits will be considered when tasks are being identified to ensure their continued development. Performance will be reviewed regularly and new duties and responsibilities introduced as part of the ongoing working process to enhance the skills of the successful candidates.
“The graduate residential support workers will have an integral practice role – which will be guided on a daily basis by the SCO and Centre Manager. They will be central to ensuring that the highest quality of care is provided to our young people. The role will require administrative duties as well as responsibilities pertaining to the progression, practice and implementation of placement plan objectives.”
All successful applicants to the graduate programme will receive the following support:
- A comprehensive Induction Plan
- Access to a range of Internal training including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention ( TCI), Advanced First Aid, Fire Safety, Supervision, Report Writing and Children First.
- External training opportunities in line with ongoing professional development
- Regular supervision and professional development planning as appropriate
- Access to staff care support services and timely TCI debriefing as appropriate
- Support from a range of management structures, HR and training departments
All successful applicants to the graduate programme will receive the following staff benefits
- Pension Plan scheme with excellent employer contribution
- Access to the Bike-To-Work Scheme
- Training costs absorbed by the organisation, both internal and external.
- Regular team building and staff away days
- Organisational fun-days and residential events
- Excellent career promotion opportunities
SOLIS MMC has a proven track record of providing high-quality tailored services delivered by highly qualified and experienced staff drawn from professions including social work, youth work, social care teaching and many others.
Solis MMC provides residential care – including respite and emergency care – for young people including those with learning and physical disabilities. Solis MMC also provides care in the community for young people.
The focus of Solis MMC is always to deliver relationship-based care which centres on the young person.
For information on how to apply for a ‘Postgraduate Residential Support Worker’ post with Solis MMC visit http://www.solismmc.ie/recruitment, email email@example.com, call +353 7493 86591 or visit our Facebook page @solisMMCChildrensServices