We are currently recruiting for a Human Resource Officer to be based at our national headquarters in Muff, Co Donegal. The successful applicant will have a minimum of three years relevant experience in a HR officer role or professional HR function. They will also have a strong understanding of employment law in the Republic Of Ireland.
The HR Officer will support our HR / employee functions within the Company, acting as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from senior management team, line managers/ supervisors and employees.
The main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records, induction guides, employee leave) and updating in-house HR databases. The HR Officer will ensure that the HR function supports the business and employee needs while conforming to relevant employment law in the Republic Of Ireland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as offer letters, contracts of employment, leavers’ and other relevant personnel information.
- Manage the HR inbox of daily queries to ensure timely responses.
- Execute the recruitment and selection process from the outset through to appointment – i.e. Advertise jobs, deal with enquires, set up assessment centres and interviews and issue relevant correspondence.
- Support new employees with their onboarding and induction process ensuring that all paperwork is completed and stored in their personnel file.
- Ensure new employees receive an induction into their terms and conditions of employment and into the employee handbook.
- Monitor probationary data ensuring that managers have adequate advance notice to deal with probationary issues where necessary. Administer all probationary review documentation and provide scripts to managers where necessary.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with relevant legislation.
- Ensure that all WRC Timesheets are up-to-date, accurate and comply with relevant legislation. Maintain a WRC database and report any issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that all Centre Governance Reports are up-to-date and maintain a database as directed.
- Ensure all personnel files are up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure all new employees are reference checked within the appropriate timescales.
- Record all absenteeism for staff in liaison with line managers, ensuring that all evidence of incapacity is obtained and stored at Central Office.
- Record employee annual leave on a monthly basis based on the data sent to Central Office to payroll from line managers. Report any issues to relevant management.
- Assist the Office Manager with ensuring all payroll information is up-to-date including starters and leavers.
- Provide duplicate copies of employee leave (such as sick, maternity, paternity, parental, carers leave and other) to the payroll department on a monthly basis.
- Record and monitor staff turnover information and provide to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
- Conduct exit interviews with all leavers before they leave the organisation and ensure the collected data is input and analysed. Make recommendations to senior management to address potential issues and trends that are leading to staff turnover.
- Manage requests for maternity, paternity, parental, carers, force majeure and unpaid leave ensuring that the appropriate correspondence is sent to employees and recorded on their personnel file. Ensure information is up-to-date and communicated to payroll monthly.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on employment legislation as and when required or seek the appropriate HR/employment law advice from HR Team.
- Co-ordinate correspondence for employee relations cases such as disciplinary, capability and grievances through minute taking, record-keeping of relevant documents throughout cases and managing all correspondence that is to go to the employees involved in each case. Ensure compliance in each case with the relevant employment legislation.
- Create a monthly HR report including metrics (e.g. staff absence, starter and leaver information, performance, probationary periods, outstanding employee relations cases etc., staff turnover) and present this to the senior management team.
- Answer employees queries about HR-related issues and provide advice where possible or seek the appropriate HR/employment law advice from HR Team.
- Ensure all files are GDPR compliant.
- Assist in administration of employee benefit schemes such as health insurance, life insurance schemes etc.
- Manage the process for employee Taxsaver and Bike to work schemes.
- Co-ordinate training events and provide assistance in the company training and development.
- Other ad-hoc HR related tasks as they arise.
- Arrange allocated manager/employee travel and accommodation and process expense forms.
- Assist with obtaining stationary and administrative items as required.
Salary €35-40k pa
Closing dates for applications is 18th October 12 noon. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.